Are you a music artist or manager? Running a label or promoting events? Working in publishing or PR? If you’re feeling that 2020 is your time and want to upgrade your hustle, join us for this professional development mini-course and learn how to manage your own music business career.
These interactive workshops won’t focus on things like ‘how to get discovered’ or ‘how to have a hit record’ they get behind how the business side of the music industry operates, the key organisations and partners you may need to be able to succeed.
Over 3 sessions you will:
- Get familiar with the essential ingredients needed to keep your enterprise moving forward.
- Gain practical skills to increase your planning capability so you can stay focused on your key priorities
- Gain the basics of financial management for the self-employed DIY artist or freelancer, and learn how to negotiate fees and ensure you get paid for your work.
- Come away with a clear plan for marketing and selling your work, whether it’s 1-2-1 to promoters, venues, selling library music, starting your own music project, or selling to consumers and fans, and how to build your communications channels.
Created by Young Guns Network and presented by Multi-Track.
Industry Inside Out: Level Up – Plan your 2020 mini-course content
Wed 29 Jan
Goal Setting w/ Tamara Gal-On
Music Industry Coach (Capitalize on Creativity) for Warner Chappell, the MPA & PRSF
Wed 26 Feb
Targeting Income w/ Danny Desai
Co-Founder NOWHERENEAR Management & former Virgin EMI Records
Thur 26 March – CANCELLED
Sell it Well w/ Lewy Lytton
Freelance Digital Marketing & Creative Manager & former Domino Records, Universal Music Group
Due to the ongoing impact of the Coronavirus outbreak, this event is cancelled. There are no plans to reschedule at this time.
We thank all our audiences for their ongoing support.
All about you
This professional development mini-course is for:
- Innovators aged 18+
- People already doing some work as a musician or with musicians
- Those that are looking to undertake personal and professional development